Monday 28 January 2013

Dear Sproggy... (part 2)

This day two years ago we said our final farewell to you.

At this precise time, at 10.44 am, we were probably making our way to the church in the back of our family car; your little white coffin resting on our laps.

The church was packed out completely. I was and still am astounded at the amount of people that turned out to say good bye to you and I'd like to think we have done you proud.

It must have been hard for our singers who, like us, were so very upset but sang so beautifully for you. And Fr. Koenraad whom we know to be a man of eloquance anyway, seemed to know once more just what to say.

More people still were waiting at your final resting place which was so lovingly decorated with moss and flowers by family friends.

The turn out, the love and the compassion that was shown to us that day, made it so much easier to get through the day but saying good bye to you was the hardest thing I have had to do in my life.

And you know, just for the record, it is a reall really weird feeling looking at that headstone thinking that my name will appear on that some day too. I never thought I'd be looking at my own headstone in my own life time. We'll be having words when I get there, young man!

Lot's of love
Mammy