Thursday 31 May 2012

Struggling

Such a simple word. Now why did I not think of that one yesterday? It really sums up what I have been doing. Struggling. These last few days have been hard. My head has been a mess of sad memories, worries, fears. I have been struggling. There you have it.

It is sort of interesting to see patterns of how I usually do that emerge. When I am having a hard time, I will retreat. I will take a momentary leave of absence from my social live and just be with myself....and Skippy. I think I need that time and space to mull things over in my head before I reach the point at which I am finally able to verbalize what's happening in my head.

Not being able to verbalize (thanks for giving me that phrase, Helen!) bugs the hell out of me. Though, eventually I always reach that point.
After that, I begin the slow process of coming out of my emotional hiding place.

Now I just have to find a way to speed up that process if at all possible. Now that I recognise and understand the pattern, that should be a piece of cake, no???